Soundcard don't play while is on the USB HUB

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
hub.martin

Soundcard don't play while is on the USB HUB

Post by hub.martin »

Hello,
has anyone tried USB hub? When I conect my USB Flash Stick directly to the router or behind passive (no external power) USB hub - it works.
But when I try the same thing with HUB with my soundcard - i hear no sound. In dmesg the soundcard is enumerated, the initialization LED on it is turned on (it's not a power LED, but really lits only when the soundcard id properly initialized). When i write "mpc play" then the LAN1 led starts blinking but there's no sound..
I've tried reboot router but with no luck :(

Any idea please?
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Soundcard don't play while is on the USB HUB

Post by mightyohm »

You might want to read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118

In that case it was because a firmware other than the one used in my radio tutorial was being used, and the usb2 kernel module was being loaded. Removing usb2 fixed the problem.

If you are using my firmware (and followed the tutorial, installing the same packages that I did) and you are having this problem, then try a different USB hub and see if that changes anything.

I have been able to get USB audio working with a hub, I didn't need to change anything, just plugged it in.
hub.martin

Post by hub.martin »

You're right. USB Hub is now working. I used your firmware but I had installed usb2 before. So I removed that package and now it's ok.
Thanks!
Hepek

Post by Hepek »

Hi,
I have Buffalo g300nh wireless router w/ just one usb port running openwrt.
Will it be possible to use usb audio card through self powered usb hub because I need external hdd?

Thanks in advance.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

Does the g300nh support usb 2.0?

I don't know if the USB 2.0 / usb-audio over hub conflict is a USB 2.0 problem or a WL-520gU problem.

Try it out and let us know how it works.