Pianobar: a Linux Pandora Terminal PLayer

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
hernando

Pianobar: a Linux Pandora Terminal PLayer

Post by hernando »

I have not the slightest idea, but could this new terminal app work on one of our router boxes? I would use this instead of MPD in a second.

http://6xq.net/html/00/17.html

:)
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Pianobar: a Linux Pandora Terminal PLayer

Post by mightyohm »

I was not aware of this project. Thanks for sharing!

It doesn't look like an OpenWrt port is available (it's not in the package feed, openwrt forum and google turns up nothing). Whether or not it could be done depends on a lot of things, mostly the question is will the program and its dependencies fit in the limited flash space of the WL-520gU.

It would be very cool if someone ported this. I'll have to try it out on my Linux box and see how well it works.
hernando

Post by hernando »

I have added a USB thumb drive to the router where I installed mpd and mpc and basically any packages. Ideally if this could be ported, it could go in the USB drive as well.
stromcooper

Post by stromcooper »

Really interested in the progress of a pianobar port to this architecture. Shoutcast is wonderful but it would be nice to have an alternative source of music.

Let's be sure to show support here and hopefully we can have yet another music source to this wicked cool solution!
maubeen

Post by maubeen »

What does Pandora mean when referring to jewelry? I know nothing about jewelry. My daughter mentioned she might like a charm bracelet for her birthday. In the description many of them say "Pandora." What does that mean?