How to play MMS protocol streams

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
CobraPhil

How to play MMS protocol streams

Post by CobraPhil »

Is there anyway to add/play streams using the MMS protocol on the wifi radio? Does anyone know of a console/command line MMS player?

Thanks
CobraPhil

Re: How to play MMS protocol streams

Post by CobraPhil »

I notice MPD .14 supports MMS. Has anyone been successful updating to this version. I'm not very linux oriented. Probably would spend several days trying to figure out how to complie it myself, much less if I had to do any debugging.
jonnasi

Post by jonnasi »

I would also like to know how to play from mms protocol, so if somebody knows, please let me know as well.

Thank you :D
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

I posted this to the blog yesterday:

mpd 0.15 (curently in beta) is supposed to have support for MMS. There may be some work required to port it to the router. mpd 0.14 became very bloated and was pushing the flash capacity of the 520 due to a glib2 dependency. I listen primarily to Shoutcast so I have not run into this issue - what streams are using MMS?
regiscruzbr

Post by regiscruzbr »

Well, my favorite stations are in mms. I use Real Player 11 to listen this stations on my computer.

mms://p.mm.uol.com.br/mixriofm
mms://aovivo.jovempangoiania.com.br/jpgoiania
mms://servidor.mtbtec.pro.br/jovempan

In fact, when I figure out how setup my WL-520gU to play mms stream, I will retire my FM radio because I will have everything that I need in my router.

I'm listening to some stations that I found the Internet, all are tested. My stations

For now it's awesome, but I hope that you guys manage to find a solution for our problem because I'm a zero at left on Linux. :?

Thanks
stephanye

Post by stephanye »

How do i get the APN to save for MMS on IPHONE 3GS? I'm a T-Mobile subscriber and have entered everything T-mobile instructed me to do. Everything under internet saves and everything under MMS saves EXCEPT the APN. Please HELP! 10 points will be awarded for the BEST answer if there is one.
Last edited by stephanye on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerben

Post by gerben »

MixRio also has shoutcast (http://67.18.153.66:8060). You should check yourself if the others have one to.