Accessing Samba Share...

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
WiFiAdam

Accessing Samba Share...

Post by WiFiAdam »

I would like to access a samba share on my network with the Asus WL-520

Assume that I am indeed an idiot and didn't get anything from my searches and tell me what I am doing wrong...

TIA!
WiFiAdam

Re: Accessing Samba Share...

Post by WiFiAdam »

This is where I am so far, I installed "samba-client" "samba-common" and "samba-server" from the mightyohm repository, then using this

root@OpenWrt:~# mount -t smbfs -o username=guest,password=guest //10.1.1.1/music /mnt/storage

I get this:

mount: mounting //10.1.1.1/music on /mnt/storage failed: No such device

What gives?
WiFiAdam

Post by WiFiAdam »

I finally broke down and just used NFS.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

I haven't tested any of the samba stuff in the repository - it was there so I could play with it "someday". I've never mounted a samba share in Linux without cifs installed, so I'm not familiar with how smbfs is configured. The OpenWrt docs suggest using cifs as well:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/oldwiki/RemoteFileSystemHowTo

I didn't compile kmod-cifs so it's not in my repository. You would need to compile it yourself or find it somewhere else.
WiFiAdam

Post by WiFiAdam »

I went back to the OpenWRT repository and grabbed the cifs pkg, Now that I have the drive mapped, I am having problems accessing the mp3's within... I can ls them, but can't make mpd serve them. (it supposedly has cataloged them, but using ario, I can't figure out how to access them)
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

Hrm.

Have you tried using mpc on the router? "mpc listall" should show all songs in the db.