Screwed up configuration steps...help

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
shirk

Screwed up configuration steps...help

Post by shirk »

In the final steps of changing the LAN settings I missed commenting out the ipaddr and netmask.

Now I can't telnet back into to try and fix it. When I attempt a telnet I keep getting "Unable to connect to remote host" errors.

Is there something I can do??? Hope I didn't somehow lock it into a brick.
shirk

Re: Screwed up configuration steps...help

Post by shirk »

Ignore my 1:30 am panic. I did a hard reset and reloaded DD-WRT image. All is good this morning. No brick.

Tonight after work I do the config and follow the instructions a lot closer.
gerben

Post by gerben »

OpenWRT has a failsafe mode. See http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/asus/wl520gu#failsafe.mode . Although they refer to a DMZ led, that the wl520gu doesn't have.

Also here on this forum; viewtopic.php?t=158&f=2 ; but he didn't get it to work (try pressing repeatedly instead of holding it as he is doing. Might work.)
shirk

Post by shirk »

Okay I have finally gotten further along on it.

I have the router configured and it's connecting to my wireless network. I was able to install the usd-audio software.

But I can't seem to log back in after the reboot step. Everything was going along fine, not I keep getting time out errors trying to log back in.

I think I'll cycle the power once and leave it overnight and try again in the am. Finicky thing this is.
shirk

Post by shirk »

This morning it let me in. Finished the mpd and mpc install.

Now fully up and running. Woot woot.

Thank you for the work you've put into your site for the tutorial.