Internet radio from Edimax BR-6104KP

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
Troy

Internet radio from Edimax BR-6104KP

Post by Troy »

Hi,
I have been trying to create internet radio player from the BR-6104KP router. I was able to compile backfire for adm5120 with rootfs on USB flash. Then I have installled packages kmod-usb-ohci and kmod-usb-audio. After that I have installed mpd, mpc and madpaly. I have configured the /etc/mpd.conf file to use ALSA, because OSS did not work (when using OSS it did not wotk - something about plugin not found). After running mpd, adding an internet radio station to mpc playlist and executing "mpc play", it did play some "sound", but it was very choppy and I was not able to dentify what is playing. After rebooting the router I sometimes got the "Kernel panic..." and had to re-format the USB flash to try again. I have also tried three different USB soundcards including the C-media USB one.

Could someone tell me, whether it is even possible to play sound on BR-6104KP (adm5120) or not? Thank you!
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Internet radio from Edimax BR-6104KP

Post by mightyohm »

I'm not familiar with the Edimax routers. I suggest that you ask your question on the forums at openwrt.org, you are much more likely to find someone who has experience with your router!