HV Rescue Shield 2 hardware update

Topics related to the HV Rescue Shield:
http://mightyohm.com/hvrescue2
Erik84750

HV Rescue Shield 2 hardware update

Post by Erik84750 »

Hi Jeff, I would like to make a hardware version of your board based on work done by Kai Bader; I made an update on the board he developped some time ago (see attachment) but he had no time to develop the software for it (and I do not have sufficient skills). His board allows both ISP and HV programming using -just like you- a shield concept to fit on an Arduino Uno.

Would it be feasible to include parts of his ideas in your design?

I think of the following:
1. 12V reset voltage circuit: use of MAX662A
2. integration of ISP programming

Possible expansions: use a 4x7 LED display for board and fuse reads display.

Do you think this would be doable? I would be more then willing to design the hardware to the requirements for software development and render all necessary files for your or public usage.

Thank you for your feedback,
Erik
Attachments
isp_hvp_shield_Rev_2.0-V2.pdf
(37.85 KiB) Downloaded 1533 times
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: HV Rescue Shield 2 hardware update

Post by mightyohm »

Erik,

I've been considering a version of the shield that supports ISP.

Why do you suggest the MAX662A?

Thanks for the feedback, it is very helpful.
Erik84750

Post by Erik84750 »

Hi Jeff, I am sorry to reply so late. If I knew how to get messages when posts are replied I would activate that.

MAX662A as a voltage pump: cheap, easy and reliable; do you have something else in mind? I can adapt my design if required.

I have a layout ready with some 1206 SMD components, easily handsolderable. I just lack the software skills yet to write firmware for this, and would greatly appreciate some sort of cooperation.

Greetings,
Erik

Edit: I just checked notifications, I thing I have them set right now: email when post reply
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

The existing shield uses an LT3464 boost converter to step 5V up to 12V.
The MAX662A is nice in that it doesn't require an external inductor, but it's considerably more expensive than the LT3464 + external components.

Like you, I'm more of a hardware guy, so I'd probably look for a software developer for such a collaboration.
Erik84750

Post by Erik84750 »

Hi Jeff, thanks for answering; must say I was not warned by email notification as expected (I had set the option for that), strange.

I was hoping you could/would be interested for the software development but your message dumps that hope ;)

If you know or find someone who would want to do this, I would be more then willing to share all hardware files and/or adapt my design for software needs.

I hear your name mentioned all over the place on MCU subjects, so maybe you could use your connections :) ?

Have a good day!
Erik
mightyohm
Site Admin

Post by mightyohm »

check your spam folder, e-mail notifications should be working (worked for me on your post)!