Any suggestions about using an NSLU2 instead?

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Any suggestions about using an NSLU2 instead?

Post by mightyohm »

The 10K series resistor might not be the best solution, if you have any more problems with the serial interface you might want to look at the schematics for my display circuit. I use a voltage divider (two resistors). Another option would be using a proper level shifter using transistors and/or diodes.
Schwabinger

Re: Any suggestions about using an NSLU2 instead?

Post by Schwabinger »

At the moment I only have the followoing problem with the serial interface:

Before I start the slug, I have to switch the wire from arduio's TX to slug' RX (the wire with the resistor) to gnd. Otherwise the slug does not boot.
As soon as the slug is up and running, I remove it from gnd and connect it with arduino's TX.
I learned that solution from the nslu2 forum (how to add a serial port). The wire will "pick up mains" and therefore will prevent the slug from booting ...

I tried the solution with the two 1K resistors. Unfortunately it did not help with this problem.

Schwabinger

PS: Your wonderful Wifi radio gave me the kick to try it with a slug. Without your input I would not even have had an idea of how realize this project ... :-)