Git Repo of source code?

Topics related to the HV Rescue Shield:
http://mightyohm.com/hvrescue2
udgrafdes

Git Repo of source code?

Post by udgrafdes »

Is there a git repo of the source code I can fork, preferably something with the full history of the sketch? I would like to fork it, add some stuff, and do a pull request.

I breadboarded the HVPP so I could try to reset some (probably faulty) ATTiny2313a chips I got online, and wound up implementing a few nice little features.

* Readonly mode, good for reading the current fuses
* Displaying the lock bits, so you know exactly what they're set to.
* Chip_erase, since if your lock bits are borked from the outset, you have to erase the chip to unprogram them.

Of course, by current code is pretty hideous, but the chip erase itself is pretty cleanly written.

I also had to modify it a little, as my own NPN level shifter for reset was a simple pull-down, so it's inverting (I appreciate the code comment about the new design not being inverting anymore, that would have taken me awhile to track down). This might be a #define I add so it can be changed in one place.
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Git Repo of source code?

Post by mightyohm »

There is no git repo, but that is a good suggestion and all of those features are really cool! I'll think about whether a git repo makes sense for this project, but in the mean time, perhaps you can post your code here so that others can benefit?

Thanks for posting!
udgrafdes

Re: Git Repo of source code?

Post by udgrafdes »

I'm making a point to refactor the published code so that it's a bit less cluttery.

I may opt to convert it so that it can be built on a vanilla *nix with avr-g++ and the arduino core. That part is actually easier than most people probably think.

Additionally, I'm implementing some of the unimplemented command functions for later use.

I'll post everything here when I get it cleaned up. For the moment, I've broken things out into separate files, including a user.h file that might be a little cleaner for users to safely edit. My goal is to keep get the main loop and setup in their own file (done), have the user defined stuff in a minimal file (done), the HVSP stuff on its own, the HV Programmer helper funcs in theirs, and finally the AVR commands in their own.

Wish me luck!