Another Alternative Software (extended)

Topics related to the HV Rescue Shield:
http://mightyohm.com/hvrescue2
dakota127

Another Alternative Software (extended)

Post by dakota127 »

Hi
Only recently I startet fixing my bricked AVR Chips with HVRescue2 using an Arduino and Arduino IDE 1.6.9 on my Mac. After using trickedjmo’s alternate software (version Plus, found in this forum) I decided to improve his sketch HVRescue_Plus some more. I did not want to enter the type of chip at the beginning - that is what we have controllers for! My version of the _Plus program is called HVRescue_Shield_More.
This improved version can detect the type of AVR MCU after inserting the chip and pressing the button an the board. It matches the found signature to an internal table that has fuse data for the chip. The function menu is displayed after the chip is identified.
New menu entries include:
D: burn default fuses
H: burn 8Mhz clock fuses
Q: burn ext. crystal fuses
The corresponding hex values are taken from the table. So no more worries like: have I entered the right hex values?
The internal table can easily be expanded - currently it contains 13 AVR MCU’s.
See also changelog in the sketch.
Tested the sketch with ATtiny13, ATtiny44, ATtiny85, ATtiny2313, ATmega8, ATmega168, ATmega328 on a Arduino UNO R3 and Arduino IDE 1.6.9 on my Mac.
Greetings from Switzerland, Peter
Attachments
HVRescue_Shield_More_100.ino.zip
(15.09 KiB) Downloaded 1532 times
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: Another Alternative Software (extended)

Post by mightyohm »

Peter,

Thank you for sharing your improved software. I'll check it out!
valentyn

Re: Another Alternative Software (extended)

Post by valentyn »

Great software, Dakota! I took the liberty of adding code to support the Arduino Leonardo - built in USB and digital out invented at the Ministry of Silly IO - comparable to the Mega. Please find it below. As txt file, I hope you don't mind.

Made me think: would it be possible to check the board type from the code? So the MEGA and LEONARDO defines at the top could go away?
Attachments
Leonardo_support.txt
(55.4 KiB) Downloaded 1325 times