MPD plugins

Discussion about my Wifi Radio project at http://mightyohm.com/wifiradio/ or my WL-520gU talk at NOTACON.
ciphyre

MPD plugins

Post by ciphyre »

Does the version of mpd being used for this project support ogg vorbis files being streamed from icecast/shoutcast or does it only support mp3 streams?
mightyohm
Site Admin

Re: MPD plugins

Post by mightyohm »

I haven't tried Ogg Vorbis, but I suspect that it may require some options to be set at compile time. I can check the next time I'm playing with the radio, but it will be a couple weeks. Can you give me a link to an example stream?
ciphyre

Re: MPD plugins

Post by ciphyre »

I don't have an externally visible server (yet) so I can't point you to the one I am using.

It does appear that mpd will play ogg/vorbis files since that is what I am using on the icecast server and mpd is playing the stream. However there maybe some need to look into what available options need to be used at complie time since I am experiencing an issue with mpd stopping at the end of each song where I have to issue 'mpc play X' to reconnect and play the next song that is being streamed. Since I suspect almost every Internet Radio station streams mp3 files and not ogg/vorbis files, and the issue doesn't seem to occur with Internet radio stations, it looks like there maybe something missing from mpd to fully support an ogg/vorbis stream. If I use Mplayer point to the same icecast server the client stays connect and plays every song.