This Christmas I received a bunch of great books from friends and family. My O’Reilly collection in particular doubled in size!
Here’s a list of what I’ll be reading in 2009:
- Analog Circuit Design: Art, Science and Personalities (EDN Series for Design Engineers) – Several first hand accounts of what it takes to be a good analog circuit designer by leaders in the industry. An older book with lots of circuit examples and historical notes illustrating trade-offs, breakthroughs and the analog circuit design process. Discussion of the looming threats of digital circuits (20+ years ago!).
- HTML & XHTML: The Definitive Guide (6th Edition) – HTML has grown a lot since I started using it in 1995. This is my attempt to catch up.
- CSS: The Definitive Guide – So I can hopefully upgrade my web designer status from “hopeless hack” to “amateur”.
- Learning Python, 3rd Edition – You can never have too many scripting langages at your disposal (can you?).
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values (P.S.) – To give the right side of my brain something to do in between the previous four entries.