Gary Dion (N4TXI) created a Wifi Radio to match his entertainment center. His project is inspired by my original Wifi Radio project and shares several of the same parts (such as the Asus WL-520gU wireless router) and design philosophy.
Interesting features of Gary’s version of the radio:
- Very cool 4 line VFD display allows more information to be shown at once (and it’s blue!)
- AVR sends actual shell commands to the router, which allows the serial console to remain enabled for debugging/other purposes – brilliant!
- Nice custom PCB for the ATmega8 microcontroller
- Rotary encoder and significantly more advanced control menus
- IR remote control support!
More details, photos, and source code are available on Gary’s site.
Thanks to the Make: blog for bringing this project to my attention!